SSI Dive Guide / Divemaster
Whether you choose to just continue your education or start a whole new career, being an SSI Dive Professional is a very gratifying experience! Besides all the fun you will have, becoming a Dive Professional is personally and financially rewarding.
Dive centers at home and especially dive resorts around the world offer many attractive opportunities for qualified staff with a professional attitude. SSI Dive Resorts around the world are constantly looking for well-educated and motivated staff offering wonderful career opportunities.
The SSI Dive Guide program is a simple way for divers who want to be more involved but aren’t ready to take on the responsibility or the commitment of becoming an SSI Instructor. The Dive Guide program is the starting point for the Dive Professional adventure.
Completing the Science of Diving specialty is the next step to becoming a dive professional and upgrading to Divemaster. Science of Diving addresses all the areas of diving knowledge in a detailed and comprehensive manner.
This program gives you the skills and experience required to safely lead groups of certified divers, and is the first step towards an exciting career as an SSI Professional without requiring you to complete an instructor program. Professional Dive Guides can work for SSI Training Centers, guiding dives in a variety of environments and conditions. You will earn the SSI Dive Guide certification after completing this program.
This qualification is awarded FREE of charge with the completion of SSI Dive Guide and the Science of Diving Specialty. This is the most sought-after title within the SSI curriculum, as it gives you the experience and ability to safely lead others on daily fun dives! The SSI Dive Master qualification allows you to assist Instructors as a Certified Assistant on open water training dives. It is also a prerequisite to any further SSI Professional ratings if you are looking to make diving a new career and become an SSI Instructor.
3 Academic Sessions
3 Pool/Confined Water Sessions
2 Open Water Dives
Max. Depth: 12/40 m
Theory exam: Yes
Price Including Materials & CERT.: €830 / per person
- Minimum age 15 years (18 years for professional in active Status)
- full set of own dive Equipment (on instructor niveau)
- valid medical certificate (not older than 1 year)
- Certification as Advanced Open Water Diver (equivalent oder higher)
- Certification as Rescue Diver (or equivalent)
- First aid certification not older than 1 year/ Oxygen Provider certification not older than 1 year
- Certified in the follwoing Specialtys: Navigation, Night, Deep (missing specialties may be done upfront to DG course start)
- For certification min. 50 logged dives. (40 logged dives for Course start)
- Leader Stress & Rescue
- Leading of Dives
- Working as a Dive Guide – Career chances.
- Pool/Open Water Skills
- Workshop in Deep and Night diving
- Rescue Skills
- Participate on a open water diver Course open water lesson and leading a night or deep dive under direct supervision of an instructor
POST A REVIEW