Extended Range Diver
To learn the proper techniques for utilizing compressed air as a breathing gas, and with a maximum depth of 55 meters/180 feet.
The TDI Extended Range Diver Course provides the training and experience necessary including proper techniques, equipment requirements, and hazards of deep air diving, to competently utilize air for dives up to 55 meters/180 feet that require staged decompression, using nitrox mixtures or oxygen during decompression.
Maximum 2 participants
4 Open Water Dives
Max. Depth: 55 m
Theory exam: Yes
Who this course is for:
- The certified TDI Advanced Nitrox/Decompression Procedures diver looking for the next step in technical dive training. Whether you’re looking to expand upon your skills, experience, or just go a little deeper to see an area of interest, this course is for you!
Course prerequisites:(these requirements must be met prior to commencement of training):
- Minimum age 18
- Certified as a TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver and TDI Decompression Procedures Diver, or equivalent
- Proof of a minimum of 100 logged dives, of which 25 must be deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
What’s in it for you?Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in diving activities without direct supervision so long as the following limits are adhered to
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
- Upon successful completion of this course, graduates are qualified to enroll in the TDI Advanced Wreck ,TDI Trimix, and TDI Advanced Trimix courses
TDI Extended Range Diver minimum requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete the TDI Extended Range Course written examination with a passing score of 80%, followed by 100% remediation by the instructor
- Complete all open water requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
POST A REVIEW